LINC-ED has submitted code for testing by the Ministry of Education that will automate this process for schools. Once this testing has been completed LINC-ED will be updated to enable this feature. Until this time please use the following process on the ENROL site.
If a group of students starts at your school on the same day and come from the same school, you can enrol them at the same time.
Before you can enrol students in this way, their previous school must have withdrawn them. If the school hasn’t done this, you need to enrol the students individually as explained under “Enrolling an individual student” or contact the school and ask them to withdraw the students.
- Click “Batch processing” on the toolbar.
- From the drop-down list, choose “Update first day of attendance”.
- Enter their previous school and their “Leaving year level” from that school.
- Click “Find students”.
- Tick the “Update” checkbox for each student you want to enrol. Select “Update all” only if you want to enrol all the students in the list.
- Enter the “First day of attendance” and their “Entry year level”.
- Click “Enter”.
- Check the details are correct.
- Click “Confirm”.
The students are now enrolled at your school.
You can now create the reports “Students with Teaching and Learning Notes” and “Students with privacy flags” for students that the previous school has marked for attention. If a student has Teaching and Learning Notes, contact the previous school for information.
Teaching and Learning Notes give information to schools on any issues around the academic and personal care of a student.