Schools have a great deal of flexibility around the look of their printed documents. For maximum flexibility we use a process that builds documents in Word format which enables the school to be able to change the orientation, font or size as well as reposition columns and page breaks. There are several useful administration reports in LINC-ED that can now be further customised to enable adding, removing and moving fields. These are:
- The Enrolment Form Print
- Student Profile Sheet
- Student Medical Sheet
- Financial Statements
- Financial Receipts
NB – the Financial Statement and Receipts are only partially customisable. The content of the transaction tables are not able to be customised due to the extensive processing surrounding their content. It is recommended that only minor positioning changes are made to Statements and Receipts.
How to Maintain your Customisable Documents
These documents are accessible via your Administration Menu. This means that only staff members with Admin rights can customise these documents.
1. Click on Admin tool icon and Menu
2. Select Print Options. Here you will see a variety of modifiable templates ready to go.
3. For the template you wish to modify, select Download this Template. Eg:
This will download a copy of the template to the Downloads folder on your computer. If your school had already made changes to the template, your latest version will download, otherwise the LINC-ED standard template will be downloaded.
4. Open the downloaded template for editing in Word.
5. Refer to the individual section below – ‘How to Edit the Document Template’.
6. Once your changes have been made and saved, return to Print Options.
7. Select Choose File and find your amended document. It does not matter what you have named it as LINC-ED will assign the required name for your school. Warning: Be careful that you are uploading your amended document to the correct place. i.e. you don’t want to accidentally replace your Profile with an Enrolment Form.
8. Click Upload. This will upload your amended version of the template to the system. When you next go into Print Options you will see that you have a modified template and the date represents the last time it was last modified.
How to Edit the Document Template
Your downloaded template is a standard Word Document, so use the standard Word features to add or delete rows in the table.
1. When adding a field you can use whatever description you require but the name between the two $$ symbols must perfectly match the background name of the field in LINC-ED.
2. To find the background name go to Admin tool icon and Menu.
3. Select Custom Fields. The Custom Fields relate to the fields on the student’s information tabs. These do take a few moments to load.
4. Find the field you wish to add to your template. The background name appears in the last set of brackets
5. Key this name in full capitals and surrounded by $$ symbols into your Word Document. eg: