Although LINC-ED is designed to be viewed online, there are times when students require a written version of their report. Should you wish to generate written reports in the interim to going live to parents online or for students moving to another school, you can either use the LINC-ED Standard template or create customised report format.
The standard report will download a document based on your settings in the What parents can see? page. Only published posts in pages set to be viewable by parents will be included in the download.
Creating a customised report format allows schools to have greater control over the look and feel of printed reports.
To create a customised report:
1. Go to Admin tools> Menu> Print Options.
2. Under the setting Report template to use, select Custom template then click on Custom Template Settings
3. At the top of the page, you will see a link that will enable you to generate a starting template
4. You will be presented with lists showing different types of data your site is currently recording. These include:
Posts published in Pages
Pie (radial) charts
Tick the fields you would like to populate in your report. In all cases, the placeholders will be only be populated if content exists for the student.
5. Once you have made your choices, click Generate a template from these selections
6. A Word doc will be generated showing placeholders for information based on your selection.
7. You can then modify the template by adding your school logo, an introductory paragraph or other personalisations before uploading for use.
8. Once your custom template is complete, return to Admin tools> Menu> Print Options and select Custom Template Settings.
9. Upload your file to the relevant field - Mid Year (interim) Report or End of Year Report, Mid Year (interim) Report Maori Students or End of Year Report Maori Students
10. You can test what your custom report looks like by creating a Test student, entering data into their profile and using the Print Previous Reports page to generate a Summary report.
If reporting by Expectation OTJs:
The Mid-year (interim) report will display OTJs, goals, and posts dated between 1 Jan and 30 Jun.
The End-year report will display OTJs, goals, and posts dated between 1 Jan to 31 Dec.
If reporting by Goals progressions
The Mid-year (interim) report will display radial dials (if selected), goals and posts dated between 1 Jan and 31 August.
The End-year report will display radial dials (if selected), goals and posts dated between 1 Jan to 31 Dec.
11. If further changes are required, you can download your custom report template, alter this and re-upload. The upload area will display the date this was last actioned.
12. Note that when generating written reports, particularly in bulk, this will take time due to the data being gathered and images embedded.