From time to time a parent may contact your school asking for help to log in to LINC-ED. The following checklist will assist you with this process.
1. Check your site is open to parents by going to Admin tools> Menu> What can parents see?> Scroll to the bottom of the page and ensure the following setting is clicked to Yes:
2. Go to the student's profile> Information page (i icon below profile image)> First contact (or Second contact)> Ensure the correct email address has been entered into the field at the bottom of the page and this has been saved by hitting Enter on your keyboard or clicking Save all
Once the email address has been entered, refresh the page, then navigate back to the First contact (or Second contact) page. Click Create a parent account for this contact
If the parent account has been created successfully, the button will display as View the associated account with this address
3. If the parent account is displaying accurately but the parent is still unable to log in, ask the parent the share what browser they are using to log into LINC-ED. Microsoft is phasing out Internet Explorer and LINC-ED is supported on all modern browsers, for example, Google Chrome or Safari.
4. Ask the parent for their email address and password. Log out of LINC-ED on your school device and log into LINC-ED using their parent email address and password.
5. If you are not able to log into LINC-ED using the parent's email address and password, guide the parent through the process of resetting their password.
6. If you are still unable to log into LINC-ED using the parent's email address and new password, please contact LINC-ED through the help button in your site and include the parent's email address and new password in your message. One of our team will investigate this further for you.