When a new student begins school it is vital that the Parent Account is created in order for their parent(s) to receive Community Notices and Statements. This process is carried out from the Student Information Contact Tabs.
If the student IS NOT a sibling
- Once the student is created and the parent details have been entered, refresh your screen to ensure that all data is updated.
- Go back into the First Contact tab. If an email address was previously entered you will see the button Create a Parent Account for this Contact above the type. Click this to create the parent account.
- If your parents are viewing finance details online, Click on User Options and set the Show Invoice slider to Yes.
- Repeat the process for the Second and/or Third Contact if more than one contact is receiving communication or requires log on privileges.
If the student IS a sibling
- Once the student is created, go back into the First and/or Second and/or Third Contact tab (any Contact that has an email address that has log on rights). If an email address existed you will see this message at the top 'A parent account exists for this address, would you like to associate <name> with this account'. Click Yes, please update the account. This will attach the sibling to the existing account.
- To check the Parent Account, refresh the screen, go back into the Contact Tab and click on View the account associated with this address.