Welcome back to the new school year. Below are some tips for teachers using LINC-ED.
AUTO GROUPS > Programmes
Most Auto groups are automatically generated from enrolment information. The exception to this are the groups under the heading 'Programmes'.
Each school decides which student pages will generate Auto groups under this heading. Some common pages include:
Auto groups under the heading 'Programmes' reset at the start of each school year.
To add students to these groups, a post will need to be added to the relevant student page. This will also generate a bold green icon on the student's profile.
For students who had posts made in on one of these pages during 2017 but no longer need to be in a 2018 group, the icon will remain on their profile during 2018 but will gradually fade.
Running your cursor over the icon will show the date the last comment was entered
MY GROUPS AND SHARED GROUPS
2017 Groups will no longer be visible in the Groups and Classes>Shared Groups area of your site. If staff wish to continue using a group from a previous year they can duplicate and rename this:
1. Go to your teacher homepage
2. Click Menu and select My groups
3. Click on the name of the group you wish to duplicate
4. Select Duplicate this group
5. Click Go to the new group
6. Edit the details of the new group
7. If you wish to have the group visible to all staff, go to 'What type of group is this? and select School
8. Name your new group. You may wish to add the school year in the title. Click Update
9. To locate your group go to Groups and Classes (two heads icon)> My groups
10. If you have made the group visible to all staff they can locate this by going to Groups and Classes (two heads icon)> Shared groups
Student goals set in 2017 will no longer be visible on the student' home page and in the parent view.
To locate these goals
1. Go to the student's profile and click on the menu icon (3 lines)
2. Click on next steps
3. Goals the student was working on at the end of 2017 will display at the top
To locate a summary of current goals for your class:
1. Navigate to the class or group you require
2. Click Menu and select Group Goal Setting.
3. Click Download all current goals set for these students
ACCESS TO APPRAISAL PAGES FOR NEW STAFF
When the profile for a new staff member has been created in your site, you may wish to give access to their appraisal pages to other staff members. Instructions for how to do this can be found in this help article: Giving access to another staff member's pages
NATIONAL STANDARDS DATA FOR THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR
To generate a file for data analysis or submitting to the Ministry, follow the instructions in this help article: National Standards - Generating a Ministry file for the previous year
STAFF WHO HAVE LEFT
When a staff member leaves, archive their account using the instructions in this help article: Staff Accounts
Ensure you also archive their Google account and not delete it as deleting their account will permanently remove all Google app files they have uploaded to LINC-ED.