Photos sometimes appear sideways in LINC-ED because of the landscape default setting on the device the photo was taken on (phone, iPad etc).
LINC-ED users can also experience problems with uploading photos from their Google Drive.
The most successful way to upload photos is directly from your computer desktop. If your photos upload sideways, follow the instructions below to remedy this:
To change a single photo from appearing landscape to appearing portrait
- Export the photo from your device onto the desktop of your computer OR drag an existing photo from LINC-ED onto your desktop.
- Open the photo file.
- Click the rotate arrow until the photo appears in portrait (rotate up to four times).
- Drag and drop the photo into the post.
To change multiple photos from appearing landscape to appearing portrait:
- Import the photos from your device into your photo app (e.g. iPhoto or Photos).
- Select all the photos you wish to rotate.
- Right click or hold down Control and click the trackpad.
- Select Rotate clockwise.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the photos are showing in the correct orientation.
- Export the photos to your desktop.
- Drag and drop each photo into a post as required.