Class Placements enables you to set up classes for the following year. This can be carried out by either administrators or teachers.
NB: Please see our comprehensive video of the entire Class Placements process:
Step 1 - Set up your new classes
1) Set up your new classes.
2) Click on the Admin Tools icon --> Menu --> Classes.
3) Classes can be created individually or you can duplicate all classes for the following year. When duplicating classes you have the ability to change the Team/Syndicate or change the teachers. To change teachers click on the down arrow and select a new teacher.
Step 2 - Process Class Placements
For Teachers: If your teachers are going to allocate class placements you will need to turn on access to this specific administration tool for them. This does not give them access to other administration tools. Click on Admin Tools --> School options--> turn on "Show Class Placements link to teachers". Teachers will now see the link to class placements via the quick links menu.
For Administrators: Click on the Admin Tool icon --> Menu --> Class Placements
To Allocate Classes:
1) The class placements page is split in two. On the left, select the current year classes. On the right select the new classes. (for this example the current year is 2017, the new year 2018) Work in small blocks e.g. A syndicate, one 2018 class with multiple 2017, one 2017 with multiple 2018. Keep It Simple.
2) Select the 2017 class(es) on the left and the 2018 class(es) on the right. As this is done is small sets, each time you go into the system the boxes will be empty. Once you select a 2017 class you will see all students who have not yet been assigned to a 2018 class. When you select a 2018 class you will see all students already assigned to that class. NB - Never fear, you are not changing your 2017 classes in any way during this process.
3) Drag and drop students from the left to the right or up and down between NEW classes. The 'Move All' button will drag all remaining students in bulk.
4) The students can be moved between the new classes until the class placement link is turned off or the job is complete. NB - You cannot move students back to 2017 as they have 'technically' never left. If you have a student in the wrong 2018 class you can either move them to another class on the right or remove them completely from 2018 (Admin tools --> Classes, Click on the 2018 class at the bottom, Click on Edit this Group/Class and remove the student. This can only be done by Admin)
Step 3 - Adding Pre-Enrols to Next Year's Classes
Prior to performing this function go to Groups --> Auto Groups --> Pre-Enrols and create a list of your pre-enrolled students with their intended start date.
1) Click on the Admin Tools icon --> Menu --> Classes.
2) Scroll down to your 2018 classes and click on the class you wish to add the pre-enrolled student to.
3) Click on Edit this Group.
4) Find the pre-enrolled student using the alphabetical search.
5) Click the student's profile picture to add him/her to the class. Their name will be added to the column on the left.
6) Click Update to save.
Your student will be visible in the 2018 class prints and also when you select the 2018 class in class placements.
Step 4 - Print your classes
1) Click on Quick Links --> List Builder.
2) Scroll down to the Pre-Made Class / Year Level Lists
3) Click on Current Class to New Class for a set of current classes showing all students with their assigned class for next year.
4) Click on New Class to Previous Class for a set of next year classes showing all students and the class they are currently in.
Step 5 - Informing Parents
Once completed the placements can be made visible to parents via the Helpdesk Article What parents can see? section in the admin menu. They will only be visible after the 1st December as school may not have finalised selection prior to this date.