Any staff member can take the class attendance within LINC-ED.
If you are the class teacher
1. Click Quick Links at the top right of the screen. Your class roll will show in the menu.
2. To mark attendance for today select either This morning or This afternoon
To take the roll on an alternative date the school is open, select the month, date and time of day from the calendar grid below. If a date is greyed out incorrectly, ask your school site administrator to amend this.
3. Click on the photo of each student who is present. You will see their banner change to say the word Present. Do not click on students who are absent and their banner will remain with the word Unknown.
4. To enter absence information about a student click the pencil icon under their name. Record the details in the box and click Save. The pencil icon box will turn red and the information will be visible to your office staff.
5. When you have entered all your absence information, click Next. You will see a confirmation page. Check you have correctly indicated the students who are absent and present.
If you are unsure who the photo of a student is, or if they have an animal placeholder, run your curser over the circle and their name will appear.
6. Click Yes to confirm or No, go back to make a correction.
7. One the roll has been confirmed, the am or pm button will turn green.
If you are not a class teacher or you want to take the roll for a different class
1. Click on the Groups and Classes icon (double head) at the top of the page
2. Select the class you want to take the roll for.
3. Click on Menu and select Roll then follow steps 2-7 above.
Marking students after the roll has been confirmed
Each student has an attendance page within their profile. From there you can see their attendance history as well as select codes for absences. To visit this page:
1. Click on the Find people icon (single head) at the top of the page
2. Select the student by letter.
3. Click on the student's profile picture
3.Click Menu and the choose Attendance from the list.
4. Select the date where information needs to be changed and either click on the top button for morning or the lower button for afternoon.
5. Click Change this
6. Enter a reason for the change of absence then select the new code
Codes for Teachers
Schools have an option to turn on codes for teachers. This gives them an additional set of buttons under the student photos to indicate why a student is absent. To turn this on go to Admin tools> Menu> School options> Attendance codes on the daily roll> Yes