LINC-ED is designed to be flexible and to meet the varied needs of schools. As such, we have made it really easy for schools to edit their pages after their initial setup or add new pages.
Once updated, changes will be in effect immediately across all students, parents and staff so exercise caution.
To create or edit a page:
1. Click on the Admin tools
2. Click on Menu then select Pages
3. You will be presented with a list of student pages. You can change the list to show Staff pages, Other pages and Tags and Assessment content by clicking the relevant button
4. To add a new page click on button called Custom. Custom pages are pages set up ready for you to customise. If you do not have any Custom pages remaining in your site, contact the team via Help desk and we will add more pages for you.
To edit a page select the page you wish to edit e.g. 'Reading'.
5. You will see a variety of options that you can change. These include:
- Showing the page on the home page when parents log in
- Showing the page on the student's page when a student logs in
- Allowing posts to be made on the page
- Selecting an icon to indicate a post has been made on the page (Only visible to staff)
- Giving the page a menu/button name > Click Save
- Giving the page a heading > Click Save
- Adding an introductory paragraph > Click Save
- Adding tags or rubrics previously made in the Tags and Assessment content area
- Making the page visible or invisible to parents
- Creating an Auto Group of students who have had an entry in the page (This is helpful for recording information about behaviour, interventions, learning support, medical or specialist learning programmes)
- Allowing staff and/or parents to add comments to posts
- Selecting whether a page shows for Maori learners, non-Maori learners or both
- Selecting who can publish a post
- Selecting the if you wish to have goals display on the page and which categories to display
- Making the page visible to parents only if there is content to display
- Making the page visible to staff
- Allowing parents to create posts
- Allowing parents to sparkle posts
- Selecting the if you wish to have reactions display on the page and which category to display
- Allowing student to create posts
6. To remove a page scroll down to the 'Show link in menu setting' and select No. This will make the page invisible to teachers. The page will remain in the site it can be used again at a later date.