From time to time you may want to view what the parents will see when they log on to your LINC-ED site.
The easiest way to do this is to log on to the site using a parent login so you get exactly the same experience as a parent. To do this, you will need administrator access.
Follow the process below to create a test log on.
1) Decide on your test student. Often it will be the child of a staff member or someone you know.
2) Find the student via Quick Links and go to their Information section by clicking on the little i icon.
3) Their 'actual' parent accounts probably already exist for the First and/or Second Contacts. Leave these intact for later use.
4) Click on the Third Contact tab. If it is already in use, note the name and email address for restoring later. Place your own name and email address in these fields. NB - The email address you use cannot be a staff email address.
5) Once you have saved the email address, refresh the screen.
6) Click on the Third Contact tab again and a button will exist above the Type reading 'Create a parent account for this address'. Click to create.
7) The new parent account will be displayed, select 'Reset password' and copy the password.
You can now log in with this account to see exactly what the parents see.
NB - Don't forget to delete the Parent Account when finished (click on the Third Contact tab and 'View the account associated with this address') and Delete. Restore the original Third Contact details.