Students can be placed into as many different groups as required. This makes it easier to add and analyse data and to email parents.
To create a group
1. Click on the home icon in the top menu
2. Click Menu and select My Groups
3. You can add, view, edit and delete groups from this page.
4. Click Create a Group
5. Decide if you want the group visible to other staff members in the school. If so, click Yes. Selecting 'Yes' also makes the group visible in the Community Notices area of your LINC-ED site, so emails can be sent to the parents of the students in the group.
6. Select the heading you wish the group to show under.
Note, these headings are customisable by a school administrator in the School Options page.
7. Select the students you wish to add to the group by either clicking on First name or Last name and the relevant letter then the student's profile. This will turn blue.
Alternatively, you can click on a class and select multiple students.
8. Name your group and click Create
School expectation 'Make this a group' button
1. After entering curriculum level data for Maths, Reading or Writing through School expectations sliders go to your class page
2. Click Menu
3. Select a Reading, Writing, or Maths page from the menu
4. You will see students, grouped by their most recent curriculum level assessment
5. Click Make this a group to create the group
To view groups
1. Go to the Staff home page (House icon)> Menu>My groups OR
2. Go to Groups and Classes>Auto Groups>My groups
3. On a group page, you can do everything that you can do on a class page except take the attendance register.
To view groups made by other staff members:
1. Navigate to the staff member's profile> Menu> My Groups OR
2. Go to Groups and Classes> Auto Groups> Shared groups. This will show the groups other staff members have chosen to be shared with the wider school.
To edit an existing group
1. Follow Steps 1 and 2 for creating a group
2. Click Edit under the group you wish to edit
3. To add students: Search for students either by name OR by clicking on their class. Click their profile so this turns blue.
4. To remove students: Click on their profile so this turns from blue to grey.
5. Click Update
3. Confirm deletion of the group