To gather evidence for attesting to the new Standards for the Teaching Profession, schools can set up an STPs page with headings for teachers to record under. The page will look like this:
Firstly, create the set of tags:
1. Select the Admin Tools icon
2. Select Menu and choose Pages
3. Select the Tags button
4. Enter the name of your headings (STP Criteria), tick Allow for the Sharing of evidence then click Add
5. Click on the Tags button
6. Click on the STP Criteria button
7. Click Add new tag
8. Write the name of the heading you wish to add and click Save changes.
Suggested headings are:
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership: Demonstrate commitment to tangata whenuatanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Professional learning: Use inquiry, collaborative problem-solving and professional learning to improve professional capability to impact on the learning and achievement of all learners.
- Professional relationships: Establish and maintain professional relationships and behaviours focused on the learning and wellbeing of each learner.
- Learning-focused culture: Develop a culture that is focused on learning, and is characterised by respect, inclusion, empathy, collaboration and safety.
- Design for learning: Design learning based on curriculum and ped knowledge, assessment info & an understanding of each learner’s strengths, interests, needs, identities, languages & cultures.
- Teaching: Teach and respond to learners in a knowledgeable and adaptive way to progress their learning at an appropriate depth and pace.
9. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for all the other headings you wish to add under the assessment
Note, if the window appears with the previous heading in it, overwrite it and click Save changes
Then set up your Standards for the Teaching Profession page:
1. Select the Staff pages button.
2. Click a Custom button to create a new page.
3. Enter the following suggested settings:
Under Page sub heading you can add information for your teachers to read about the new Standards for the Teaching Profession. Here is a paragraph taken from the Education Council:
The Practising Teacher Criteria are being replaced with the Standards for the Teaching Profession. The Education Council encourage all teachers, schools, kura and centres to begin to use the new Standards for appraisal as soon as possible, ahead of their complete implementation by 1 January 2018. In some cases, for teachers whose practising certificates are up for renewal in the first half of 2018, professional leaders and principals will be endorsing these teachers for certification using the new Standards even though their appraisal was based on the Practising Teacher Criteria. For more information on the Standards and your appraisal, please visit the Standards page.
Alternatively, you can embed a Google slideshow of information for your staff to read. To view an example click on THIS LINK.