How to create a customised written report format for your school
Should you wish to generate written reports in the interim to going live to parents online, you can use the LINC-ED Standard template or create your own customised report format. To do this:
1. Go to Admin tools> Menu> What can parents see?> Scroll to the bottom of the page and under Other settings click Report template to use> Custom template> Refresh your page
2. Below the setting for Custom template you will see a blue link saying Custom Template Settings. Click this.
3. A set of placeholders will display at the top of your page. These placeholders are specific to the choices you have made when customising your school's LINC-ED site. Use these placeholders to create a customised report
4. A customised report must be created in Microsoft Word. Here, you can add a school header, image or logo, an introductory paragraph and select/order the information you wish to populate in the written report from your LINC-ED site. This is done by inserting the relevant placeholders. Placeholders are case sensitive so need to be recorded in capital letters.
5. Once your custom template is complete, return to the bottom of the What can parents see? page and upload your file in the relevant field - Mid Year (interim) Report or End of Year Report, Mid Year (interim) Report Maori Students or End of Year Report Maori Students