The basis of LINC-ED student accounts are student email addresses.
Check student's Information>Basic information to see if the field "Student email" exists. If it does not, please contact LINC-ED to have this created for you.
In order to create student accounts you first need to ensure that the student email addresses are loaded into your site. This can be done manually on each student’s information page or via a bulk upload.
To bulk upload:
- Go to Quick Links→List Builder.
- Select the class or year group you want to set email addresses for (or leave blank for the whole school).
- Under the heading Basic Info leave First name and Last name selected and click Student email.
- Under the heading of Ministry select National Student Number.
- Click Create my List.
- Click Download as a CSV.
- Add the student email addresses into your new.csv file.
- Save your .csv file.
- Rename the column with student email addresses as student_email and save.
- In LINC-ED, go to Admin→ Menu→ Bulk Uploads.
- Click Choose file the browse for your .csv and click Upload.
- You will see the photos of all the students loaded, you can click on them to see the update.