Students can be found from 3 different areas, these being the Administrator Menu, Find People icon and Quick Links.
- From the Administration Menu, select Student. Find the student using the alphabetic search bar. Students will appear under either Current Students, Pre Enrolments or Not Currently Enrolled. Click on the i icon to go to the student information. Click on the profile picture to change the enrolments status of the student.
- To find a current or pre-enrolled student you can use the Find People icon (single head). Click on the i icon to go to the student information.
- To find a student using Quick Links, click the Quick Links icon (3 lines) and enter the student’s first or last name. This will find all students regardless of status and will consider both preferred and legal names in the search.
- Once the student is displayed click on the, i icon to go directly to their basic information, the dollar icon to go directly to the finances or the profile picture to go to their learning data (NB – the individual attendance is also in this area below the learning data).
- Clicking on the i icon will take you to the basic detail for a student. This includes all their personal detail, schooling history, contact details, permissions and ministry fields. Extra fields can be added if necessary.
- Click on the relevant tab to view and edit the information. NB – An amendment requires the ENTER button to be clicked to save the information. TAB WILL NOT SAVE.
- The omission of some fields will result in school numbers and analysis being inaccurate. See Troubleshooting below.
Placing Students in Classes
A student can be placed in a class:
- Go to the Student’s basic information.
- Click the Group tab followed by the Click here to add a class. Select the class that the student is to be assigned to. NB – if a child who has left the school, has returned and is still in the same class, click another class and then the original again in order to trigger the add to the class.
- For a student to appear in a class, the start date must be current and the year level set.
In LINC-ED Siblings are currently linked via the email addresses of the First and/or Second Contacts. The reasoning behind this, is that LINC-ED is an online, interactive system and the email address is unique to a person.
- To link students as Siblings, go to their basic information and check the email addresses in the First and Second contacts. They must be identical and in the same fields for the link to be automatically created.
- If a student does not have an email address, copy the First Contact Address Line 1 into the email address of all students in that family. It will create the link without effecting email sending.
From time to time a student's living/care arrangements may change and you need to change the position of the student's contacts. This an easily be carried out for the First, Second and Third Contact.
To switch contacts 1 and 2 - click on the First Contact tab and click the green button at the top of the screen Switch contacts 1 and 2. Refresh the screen. All details (including custom fields will be switched).
To switch contacts 2 and 3 - click on the Second Contact tab and click the green button at the top of the screen Switch contact 2 and 3. Refresh to screen.
To switch contact 1 and 3 - move the contact down the chain by first switching 2 and 3, then 1 and 2, then 2 and 3 again.
Getting the NSN
LINC-ED is connected to ENROL for the purpose of getting the student NSN. The ENROL password must exist under School Options for this to be available. Please contact ENROL if you do not know the password that connects your SMS to ENROL. This will be different to the username/password that you use to log into your Student Portal.
- Click on the student's Ministry tab.
- If the NSN is missing or invalid a button will appear to Request NSN from ENROL.
- The system will attempt to connect with ENROL. If this is successful and options have been found the button View results from ENROL will be displayed. Click this to reveal a table of possible matches.
- Either, select the match that fits your new student by clicking the Select button for that line or exit without selecting any by clicking on reject these results button.
The Parent Account is the key to the two-way communication between the school and the parent community. It is the tool to send community notices, email statements and for parents to view student learning. The Helpdesk has two comprehensive articles on Parent Accounts. Refer to Parent Accounts Overview and Generate Parent Accounts.
Student Learning is recorded and communicated via Pages.
- To view a student’s page firstly find the student.
- Click on Menu. You will see all the Pages that exist for that student.
- Click on the Page you required e.g. Pastoral Care.
- Entered details in the text box to create a post. A file can be uploaded to support the comment.
- Click Next to log the post against the student. This will form part of the student’s school history. Subject to the Page settings parents may be able to view / comment on the post.
- To find the Individual Attendance Summary, firstly find the student.
- Click on the student’s Profile Picture.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the learning detail and you will find Attendance graphs and an Attendance report.
- I can’t find my student under Find People – the legal/preferred names are not entered or are not what you expect; the student does not have a year level or class assigned; the start date is in the future; the status is not current.
- My class count does not match my roll – a pre-enrolment flag is still set to Yes on a current student; the year level is not entered.
- My funding year level counts are not correct – a student type is missing; a first-schooling date is missing or incorrect.
Deleting, Unenrolling or Re-Enrolling a Student
Students can be maintained from most areas of the system but only an Administrator can change their status or delete students. (NB - Deleting a student removes ALL detail and it cannot be retrieved. Only delete pre-enrols who are not going to come or duplicate records)
- The quickest way to change their status is to find the student via Quick Links and click on the Admin Page button from the menu (3 lines).
- Alternatively, click on the Admin Tools icon, then Menu and select Student from the list that appears. Find the student using the alphabetic search bar. Students will appear under either Current Students, Pre Enrolments or Not Currently Enrolled. Click on the student’s profile picture to reveal / change their current status.
- To delete a student, click on the red link 'Delete this Student'
- To process a left student, refer to the Helpdesk Article Processing Leavers.
- To re-enrol a returning student, refer to the Helpdesk Article Re-enrol a student.
Changing a Pre-Enrolled Student to Current
- Find the student via Quick Links or alternatively go to Groups and Classes icon then Auto Groups then Pre-Enrol.
- Click on the i icon to go to the Student’s basic information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Basic Info tab and change the Pre-Enrol flag to 'No'.
- On the same tab enter the Start Date.
- Click on the Group tab and allocate the student to a class.
- Refer also to Helpdesk Article Transferring Pre-Enrols to Current Students.