- Each student has an attendance page within their profile. From there you can see their attendance history as well as select codes for absences. A future absence can also be recorded against a child.
- Click on the Find People icon (single head) and select your student.
- Click on Menu and select Attendance.
- Alternatively, find the student by clicking on the Quick Links icon (3 vertical lines) followed by the Attendance button for the desired student.
- To mark the attendance for today, select the 'No Mark' button beside AM, PM or Both depending on the time of day you wish to mark.
- Select the Attendance Code from the list provided. If you wish to leave a message for the class teacher, click on the pencil icon box and add a note. A Green box will indicate that attendance has been done and the student is present. A Pink box indicates attendance done and the student is absent.
- To add a Future Absence, click on Add a Future Absence. Enter the dates, reason code and note. If a sibling exists for this student the option will be available to also apply the absence to the sibling. Click Save.
- If an attendance code has been entered previously and needs to be amended, click on the day you wish to amend in the calendar. Click Change this. You must enter the reason prior to selecting the new attendance code.
How Teachers take the Roll
- Click on the Groups and Classes icon (2 heads) and select the class for roll taking. A roll can be taken by any teacher for another class.
- Click on the Quick Links icon and an option exists to take the Roll for Class x. Click this option.
- Either select This Morning or This Afternoon to take the roll for the current day. To take the roll for an alternative date, select the month, date and time of the day from the calendar grid below.
- Click on the photo of each student who is present. Schools have an option to turn on codes for teachers. This is done by an Administrator (refer School Options). This will provide a set of commonly used code buttons beneath each student for teachers to select.
- To enter a message for the administrator, regarding the student's absence, click the pencil icon under the student's name.
- When all information has been entered click Next to complete the process. A summary of the number of children Present or Absent is displayed. Click Yes to confirm or No, go Back to make a change. These last steps are necessary for the class to be recognised as marked.
- Refer also to the Helpdesk Article How to take the daily register which is used for teachering staff.
Administrator Roll Processing
- Click on the Daily Roll icon (tick) to take you straight to the daily roll.
- Click on the Morning or Afternoon button to select the roll to be processed. To adjust a roll for a different day, change the date and click Reset date.
- The screen is divided into 3 sections – Class attendance, Unexplained absences, Code given (explained absences).
- Under Class attendance, classes that have had their attendance completed will show as Green, whilst those that have not will show as Blue. An Administrator can complete the attendance for a class by clicking on the chosen class.
- Process the Class attendance in the same way as the teacher would (see above). An Administrator will also have the added options of Marking all Present or Making all Offsite. If using these options it is best to mark the exceptions first. These buttons will process all those students not previously marked.
- The next section lists all students who are Unexplained and will show any notes that have been entered by their teachers. The View button will display the contact details for the student.
- Click the All day slide first if the code is going to apply for the entire day. Click the attendance code in the list provided. Tool tips will be displayed if the cursor is held over the codes. If it is not a commonly used code click the Unknown button to select from the remainder. The entry will be moved to the Code given section.
- The Code given section will show all previously marked students. A teacher cannot mark both AM and PM but an Administrator can. Scan the absent students to determine if any of the codes marked by teachers can be applied to the PM also (e.g. Holiday). If so, select the Set PM = AM button.
- NB – If an incorrect code is selected in the Unexplained section, you will need to refresh your screen prior to amending it in the Code given section.
- If your school has subscribed to Txt Messaging, a button will exist to Send SMS to all unexplained. This will send a text to any First/Second or Third Contact who has their SMS flag set to Yes. The child’s name will be present in the text. A reply to the text will be returned to the sender’s email address (or School Option default email).
- Attendance reports exist to Print Emergency Absence Lists, Print Unexplained List, Show Today’s absences with weekly trends and Show Unmarked Registers. Select the report required and click Generate Report.