Attendance for Individual Students - including Future Absences
- Each student has an attendance page within their profile. From there you can see their attendance history as well as select codes for absences. A future absence can also be recorded against a child.
- Click on the Find People icon (single head) and select your student or use the Quick search box to locate the student.
- Click on Menu and select Attendance.
- To mark the attendance for today, beside "morning" "afternoon" or "all day" click on the 'No Mark' button.
- Select the Attendance Code from the list provided.
- If you wish to leave a message for the class teacher, click on the pencil icon box and add a note then click save. A green box will indicate that attendance has been done and the student is present. A pink box indicates attendance has been done and the student is absent.
- To add a Future Absence, click on Add a Future Absence. Enter the dates, reason code and note. If a sibling exists for this student the option will be available to also apply the absence to the sibling. Click Save.
- Ammeding a code - If an attendance code has been entered previously and needs to be amended. Navigate to the day by selecting the appropriate month, then date box. Click on the code you wish to amend in the calendar. Then click Change this. You must enter the reason prior to selecting the new attendance code. This will automatically save.
How Teachers take the Roll - Please refer also to the Helpdesk Article How to take the daily attendance register which is used for teaching staff.
Administrator Roll Processing
- Click on the Daily Roll icon (tick) in the top menu bar.
- Click on the Morning or Afternoon button to select the roll to be processed. To adjust a roll for a different day, change the date and click Reset date.
- The screen is divided into 3 sections:
Code given (explained absences).
- Under Class attendance, classes that have had their attendance completed will show as Green, whilst those that are incomplete will show as white. An Administrator can complete the attendance for a class by clicking on the chosen class and competing in the same way a teacher would.
- An Administrator will also have the added options of Marking all Present or Making all Offsite. If using these options it is best to mark the exceptions first. These buttons will process all those students not previously marked.
- The next section lists all students who are Unexplained and will show any notes that have been entered by their teachers. The View button will display the contact details for the student.
- When coding absences, click the All day? slider to yes if the code applies for the entire day.
- Click the attendance code in the list provided. A description of the code will display when the cursor is held over the code. If it is not a commonly used code click "Unknown" to select from the list of options. Once the code has been attributed to the student's absence this will appear in the "Code given" section.
- The Code given section will show all previously marked students. A teacher cannot mark both AM and PM but an Administrator can. Look through to see if any of the students marked absent can have their code applied to the afternoon (PM). To action this click the Set PM = AM button.
NB – If an incorrect code is selected in the Unexplained section, you will need to refresh your screen prior to amending it in the Code given section.
- If your school has subscribed to Text Messaging, a button will show to Send SMS to all unexplained. This will send a text to any First/Second or Third Contact who has their SMS flag set to Yes. The child’s name will be present in the text. A reply to the text will be returned to the sender’s email address (or default email set on the School Options page).
- Attendance reports exist to:
Print Emergency Absence Lists
Print Unexplained List
Show Today’s absences with weekly trends
Show Unmarked Registers
Select the report required and click Generate Report.