Any user can create a group of students. Groups can either be shared to the whole school or private to those who know they exist. A student can only be in one class but they can be in many groups.
Creating / Sharing Groups
- To create your own group click on the Home icon (house).
- Click Menu and select My Groups from the list that appears.
- From here you can create, delete or edit a Group.
- To create a group click on Create a New Group. The type is required, if you select School your group will be shared with the whole school. If you don’t wish it to be shared then select any of the other options. These options are not used as yet within the system. Select the students to go into your Group (explained in the next section) and click Create.
- Deleting a Group will not delete the students. It will simply take them out of the group.
- When Editing a Group you have the option to Add and Remove students, change the name of the group and, if the group is a class, you can also change the Teacher and Team. The Team is the Learning Hub and is used to link classes together as a Team Auto Group.
- If a group is similar to another group a Duplicate Group option appears when editing. This can form a good start to creating a new group.
Adding Students to and Removing Students from Groups
- Find the Group by either the method above (if it is your Group) or click on the Groups and Classes icon (2 heads) for another group.
- Select the Group you wish to edit from the list. You can edit your own groups, shared groups or classes. You are not able to edit Auto Groups.
- Click on Edit this Group.
- The students in the group will be displayed. To remove a student from the group, click the student. You will see their name will disappear from the list on the left.
- To add a student you must first find them. This can be done via the alphabet search box by first or last name or by class (use the class option if you are adding several students from the same class). Click on the student to add them to the group. Their name will appear in the list on the left.
- You can repeat the selection process for as long as you like. Once you have all your students, click Update.
- For more detailed information refer to Helpdesk Article How to Add, View, Edit or Delete a Group
Auto Groups are groups that are created by the system to aid reporting, analysis or emailing to parents. They have the same reporting functionality as the other groups so form a very useful tool for analysing data. When a Page is created it can be flagged to appear as an Auto Group. Any students who have a post on that Page will be included in the Auto Group e.g. Medical Room, Pastoral Care.
- Click on Groups and Classes then Auto Groups to view the current groups.
Group Reporting and Analysis
- There are several buttons at the top of the list to enable reports and data analysis for a particular group.
- The Class List will provide a basic list of students in the group.
- Create your own list will take you to the List Builder where you can select any fields that exist on the student. This will also provide you with the ability to sort and filter your list.
- The Emergency List will provide the contact details for the students for school trips etc.
- Attendance Analysis will provide a Year to Date Attendance Analysis report for the class/group.
- Email the Parents will populate the email addresses from the students’ First and Second Contact fields to the Send box. The email is a standard delivery email and sends using the blind copy functionality. You are able to edit the email address fields so can delete or add to the email address list.
- The Group Data Analysis will provide you with a visual display of Group data.