LINC-ED is designed to give you flexible ways to look at data and to create groups for tracking purposes. When using LINC-ED for data analysis we recommend using the live data rather than printing or pre preparing analysis.
Group staff according to their teaching teams.
- Teachers log in to their LINC-ED account and ‘visit’ the team auto group (Double head → Auto Groups → Select team)
- Start by sorting the students by Reading (click the Reading button above the student badges)
- Are there any patterns that can be discerned from this initial sort? Use the Gender ribbons and Ethnicity flags to help with this.
- Sort by Writing and Maths.
- Use the Group Data Analysis button to view the most recent assessment data for this cohort.
- Now click Menu→ Progress
- The tables presented here will show progress against National Standards for this team of students. Again, look for patterns. Click on the column headings to sort the data (e.g Gender).
- You can use the checkboxes column on the left to select students and create a new group using the button at the bottom of the table.
Group teachers according to curriculum teams or subject interest.
- Repeat the data analysis process and make new groups of target students based on the discussions of this different mix of teachers.
You should now have a variety of new groups created that can be monitored throughout the year. Ask teachers to add a narrative to these groups and to look at the Group Data Sheet, attendance data and parent visits.
The target groups can be reported to the Board using the Progress and Data Sheets and can be made available to all staff by checking the ‘Make this a shared group’ box.