Students entered via the Online Enrolment Form or those Pre-Enrolled Students transferred from a previous SMS are loaded in LINC-ED as Pre-Enrol Students.
To view these as a group:
- Click on the Groups and Classes Icon (the 2 heads)
- Click on Auto Groups
- Click on Pre-Enrol
Finding Your Pre-Enrolled Student to make them Current
A new student can be found in several different ways.
1) Click on Administration Tools > Menu > Students. This will show you all students, grouped by status (i.e. Current, Pre-Enrol, Left)
2) Quick Links - This is the quickest way to find any student in the system and is explained below.
3) Go to the Pre-Enrol Auto Group (as above)
Once you have found your Pre-Enrolled Student
Click on the information icon (the little i) below the profile picture to go to the student's basic information. Navigate your way through the Tabs for the student to check the information entered. Information that is vital to the successful processing of a student is:
- On the Basic Info Tab: Check you have these fields entered: Preferred and Legal Names; Date of Birth, First Schooling Date, Start Date. Change the Pre-Enrol Flag to NO.
- On the Groups Tab: Select the class that the student is placed in.
- On the First and Second Contacts Tabs: The First or Second Contact email addresses are used to create a link to siblings so ensure that members of the same family have the details in the same fields.
- On the Ethnicity Tab: The Ethnicity and Citizenship are mandatory and must be entered.
- On the Ministry Tab: Check you have these fields entered: NSN (from ENROL); Year Level (once current), FTE (usually 1), Student Type, Eligibility Criteria.
Your student should now appear as a Current Student.
In the top right of your screen you will see a Quick Links Icon . Clicking on the three lines will take you to a Search and Information Panel.
At the top of the quick links panel is a very useful search box. Simply type in their first or last name and hit enter.
A list of all the possible students will appear with links to all their pages.