Students entered via the Online Enrolment Form or those Pre-Enrolled Students transferred from a previous SMS are loaded in LINC-ED as Pre-Enrol Students.
To view these as a group:
- Click on the Groups and Classes Icon (the 2 heads)
- Click on Auto Groups
- Click on Pre-Enrol
Moving Pre-Enrolled Students to Current
LINC-ED has a fast and efficient way of moving your pre-enrolled students to current. This method includes validation to ensure that all necessary fields have been entered.
1) Go to Administration Tools > Menu > Students.
2) Click on 'Move Pre-Enrol to Current'
This will display two tables.
3) Table 1 - A list of all pre-enrolled students who have all the fields necessary to become current students. To make them a student current, set the Process slider to 'Yes' and select 'Process All Selected Students'. NB - they will now appear in a class but will not appear on the roll until their start date is reached.
4) Table 2 - a list of all pre-enrolled students who have errors in their data set that prevent them being successfully uploaded to ENROL. Go down the list and enter any known missing data. Once complete 'Refresh' your screen and the two tables will update.
The process for updating ENROL with your new arrivals is not currently available. LINC-ED is waiting for the Ministry of Education to complete the integration process at their end. As soon as this is complete, these instructions will be updated.
Important fields to check when making 'current' your students
Click on the information icon (the little i) below the profile picture to go to the student's basic information. Navigate your way through the Tabs for the student to check the information entered. Information that is vital to the successful processing of a student is:
- On the Basic Info Tab: Check you have these fields entered: Preferred and Legal Names; Date of Birth, First Schooling Date, Start Date. Change the Pre-Enrol Flag to NO.
- On the Groups Tab: Select the class that the student is placed in.
- On the First and Second Contacts Tabs: The First or Second Contact email addresses are used to create a link to siblings so ensure that members of the same family have the details in the same fields.
- On the Ethnicity Tab: The Ethnicity and Citizenship are mandatory and must be entered.
- On the Ministry Tab: Check you have these fields entered: NSN (from ENROL); Year Level (once current), FTE (usually 1), Student Type, Eligibility Criteria.