To enter OTJ data for an individual student
1. Go to the student's profile
2. Click the Menu icon
3. Select the student's Maths, Reading or Writing page
4. You will see a graph of student progress, under which will be two sliders for entering level data and buttons for National Standards.
5. Next to the student's name and subject area is a menu button (three lines). Clicking on this will show all the assessments entered into LINC-ED for the student. This is designed to enable teachers to have all information easily accessible in the one place to make and Overall Teacher Judgement.
6. Teachers must slide the slider on the left hand side to the level they decide is an Overall Teacher Judgement. This will automatically generate a Not likely to be at, Likely to be at, Already at OR Below, At, Above statement.
7. To delete an OTJ, slide the slider back to the far left hand side, click the rubbish bin icon then refresh the page.
Some key points to note when entering National Standards data are:
1. Assessment data does not automatically populate the National Standards sliders. These sliders are designed to indicate an Overall Teacher Judgement (OTJ) based on a range of assessments and observations. Teachers are required to move the slider based on their OTJ.
2. Teachers should not need to click the Not likely to be at, Likely to be at, Already at OR Below, At, Above statement boxes on the right hand side. This will override the levels as set by the school.
3. If teachers disagree with the statement that is generated for a level, this should be discussed with the school senior leaders, as this is personalised and set by the school to ensure consistency.
4. If teachers disagree with the wording of a National Standards statement this should also be discussed with the school senior leaders as this is personalised by the school.